Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Corner :)

I'm writing from my corner. "Whats that?" you ask. "Well," I reply, "its my beat!" You look at me with a puzzled expression. *sigh* "Its a journalism thing, you wouldn't understand" I say impatiently. What in the world will we do with the uneducated masses, who don't know what a beat is?

Any ways, my corner is an assignment for my journalism class! Its the place I report from (aka: my BEAT ;)) How professional does that sound? I'll answer that question! SO PROFESSIONAL! I might as well make business cards! (not kidding, we talked about business cards in class yesterday) The location of my corner is from 20th and Benjamin Franklin Parkway to 21st and Benjamin Franklin Parkway.

Its the new location of the new home of the Barnes Foundation. Its literally awesome. Rich people and poor people alike walk by. The Library is right across the street, along with Whole Foods and the coolest (and cheapest) used book store EVARRRR. I'm currently sitting in my favorite Starbucks in the city with a giant window and a view of all of it! I think I have the best corner out of everyone in my class!

The thing is, its about to get real controversial up in herrrr. I recently saw a documentary called The Art of the Steal about the Barnes Foundation and its move to Philadelphia. I'm not going to explain it all, but its some crazy stuff yo. If you can see the documentary, its super enlightening (also, its on Netflix) But the pretty much the moving of the Barnes Foundation is an abomination! And its opening in May, so that means I have lots to write about for my class!!!

I, personally am against the moving of the Barnes to Philly, but that CERTAINLY will not stop me from visiting it when it opens! I'm so pumped. The art in this place is INCREDIBLE. So. Ex. Cited.

I cant wait to share more about my corner in the future! For now, I just wanted to let you know it exists!

Here's some pics I took from my special place :)





Have a splendid evening! I'm off to the photo lab to print some junk!
xoxo, Amb

No comments:

Post a Comment