Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City"

Over break I went to New York City with my best friend, Cassie, my sister, Molly, and her roomie/ bestie, Karlee. We literally had the best time! We wanted a real NYC experience (aka: no Times Square) and we were determined to make it happen! We used Nat the Fat Rat's post on what to do in NYC, and it was INCREDIBLE. We went to the Brooklyn bridge, we Shake Shack'ed, we walked 5th Ave, we went to the MoMa (where I got sick, but let's not go into that), we went to Rockefeller Center and saw some people get engaged (oh, and lets not forget THE TREE, that glorious tree, that will forever be engraved in my mind and heart. I get very sentimental about Christmas trees, you see), we got cupcakes at Magnolia's (Cassie got a Hanukkah one) and we just had a grand old time! 
















 I fell in love with New York. I know everyone says that, but I really did! I love Philadelphia and all, but lets be real, I (hopefully) will NOT live in Philly for the rest of my life! I don't want my future babies to grow up and be Philly jawns and run down the center of Broad Street almost running into cars just to freak people out (yes, I've seen that more than once!) I decided New York might be the place for me after college. Yeah, its expensive, yeah its busy, I've heard it all before. Blah, blah, blah, thats all I hear, because I'm in love. And love keeps no record of wrongs (yes, I did just pull the bible out on you.) Someday I hope to live in New York and love it just as so many others have before me. I can be like Meg Ryan, and open a small business in the Upper West side. Oh, by the way, have I mentioned that "You've Got Mail" is currently my favorite movie? Cause it is. Favorite quote: "I hear nothing, not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beat of my own heart. I have mail. From you." It makes my heart skip a beat every time I hear it! It doesn't help that I am hopelessly in
love with Tom Hanks either.
But I'm getting off subject here. I guess the moment I knew that New York was for me, was as we were walking up 5th Ave and I looked down and the entire 
sidewalk was covered in glitter. I have a thing for glitter. I just knew this would be my home someday. Someday. And until then, I have Meg Ryan and Tom 
Hanks to give me my New York fix. All I can do is dream for the day that this willbe my city.



Thats all for now, but I hope you all have a dazzling evening!

xoxo, Amb

Ps. I got the idea for the title of this post from Nat the Fat Rat.
Seriously, this lady is brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. I hope someday that will be your city :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still have never been to NYC and it sounds oh so fabulous! love all these images too :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete